Thursday, June 9, 2011

In my heart, you're remembered still.

Thunderstorms.


Since you're gone, something else is here to guide me.
I have the thunderstorms.

The thunder is your voice, deep and mostly gentle,
except for the occasional scolding,
from which I am growing and molding.

The lightning lights my way and shows what's right from wrong,
and produces a beautiful, thunderous song.

Once upon a time,
we stood in the rain together,
and watch all of this in company,
but now you send them to my triumphantly.

And now the rain that are the tears,
from the birth of my greatest fears.
But not only that of the of the rain, my dear,
I can  run and look and to you, I peer.
It's your face that the clouds mirror.

Now and again I drown myself in you,
and remember the years,
though a few,
you blessed me with you.

Remembered is your name,
that holds great fame,
hopefully mine means the same.

Rest in peace,
do good will,
in my heart,
you're remembered still.

-Love you DLE,
Hailey-Lynn Elyea <3

No comments:

Post a Comment